Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here comes the 신부

The sole bright spot of certain drama illuminated over two new friends: the couple who own Underground - Sonny and...Sonny's Wife. For those not in Suji, that's a club/bar we frequent on Friday nights when we're out celebrating our two-day pause from Chungdahm. Two weekends in a row, they've "kidnapped" me and taken me out to dinner with them and another one of their friends (yes =p). Sonny's Wife has declared us "good friends" (to the point that at her wedding, she kept calling my name for me to go over to her - and then when I left, clasped my hand and wouldn't let go), yet I have absolutely no clue what her name is. Sonny referred to her as "my fiancee" and Baekhyun calls her "Sonny's Wife", so..... I'm contemplating naming her "Cher".. .

Anyway, Sunday was their wedding. Tony, Kevin, Jen, and I attended. It was held in this giant tower of electronics; before Sunday, I was like, "what?......." but getting there, we found that it was actually this area set up for weddings. It was insanely nice and had this beautiful chandelier that I couldn't stop staring at.

This Korean wedding was pretty similar to an American wedding. The biggest difference were the guests: people talked throughout the whole thing! And they didn't dress as nicely as guests to American weddings do - most men were there in jeans. Afterwards, there was this fantastic buffet! No wonder Korean weddings cost so much!!

No dancing - that seems to be a pretty western thing.

Completely unrelated: anyone else notice that Koreans aren't big on having their shocks, brake pads, or CV joints worked on? Every time a car passes by my window, I cringe! yet they're all about keeping their cars clean.....go figure =p

2 comments:

  1. Buffets at weddings sounds like a freaking awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend is getting married and is doing a bunch. She's discussed an omelet bar. *That* is a phenomenal idea..

    ReplyDelete