Monday, January 18, 2010

Meds Overseas..

Visited St. Augustine yesterday for a final goodbye to my various crews. It was awful, and I had to call someone on my way home to keep from totally crying. The great thing about going on a Sunday was that the entire house was off at a decent hour, so we were all able to go out to dinner. As I'm going to Asia, they decided that the thing I would probably not get over there would be Mexican, so we went to El Potro (yes, much queso was consumed ;)) and then to Village Inn because they don't have ovens to bake pie in Korea ;)

Melissa gave me a fantastic departure gift: more toothpaste than you can shake a stick at! I know that Aclipse recruiters claim that the toothpaste over there *isn't* packed with sugar, but I want to be sure... I also went to Target and picked up a ton of deodorant. Later, at the house, I made a comment about visiting my old roommates; Dereck responded, "We are old and Audrey apparently has an odor problem!" I digress - at Melissa's, we ran into her neighbor (Beck: the woman who replaced Randy Taylor) who travels overseas a lot and she gave me this long freaking pharmacy list. Now, while I'm taking all advice with a grain of salt - especially as everything I buy must be *packed*, there were a few things I listened to:

  • Culturelle - a probiotic. This was the only thing I listened to with the whole "Get a 3 month supply" advice..
  • Immodium - still with this whole Audrey will probably get sick idea
  • Monistat - TMI, I know, but in case any female is reading this who is also going overseas, their toilet paper may be a bit different than what we're used to..
  • Benadryl
  • Cold medicine in case you pick up something on the plane and don't know enough about the culture to get something


She also suggested to pick up feminine hygiene products in case what's sold over there is different - but several female Aclipse teachers have confirmed that they've been able to find Tampax, so I'm not taking that one too seriously.. I also picked up some Airborne which I will be taking religiously for the next several days as me=sick on the plane=awful.

While on this adventure, Jess tossed some wet ones in my basket. She said that her airplane ran out of water and it was nice to have *something* to was her hands with after going potty. Also, she said I may want them for things like wiping down surfaces before I sit down..

Back to this awful beast that is packing. I've eliminated the space bags because they just aren't flexible once the air is gone. Crossing my fingers in hope that I actually can fit it all x.x

But this time I have the Glee soundtrack!

No comments:

Post a Comment