Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Don't Think I can Take It All...

Welcome to the world I call "Trying to Pack". I thought that leaving my previous high stress job had the whole panic attack thing licked.... Well, that was until I tried to pack everything I thought I might need in the next year or so into two suitcases with a 50 lb limit each. As shipping costs are a nightmare, especially if you want something like a tracking number, I'm trying to keep the amount Mom has to send me way down.

I'm taking more shoes than I care to admit on here - mostly because I'm sure my parents will read this one day and I can hear it all now. I believe that actually only one person knows the true number. Despite this, they're not taking up too much room in my suitcase (I'm actually shocked at how compact all *hmmhmmhmm* pairs became). I now only need to make room for one more Space Bag, and I'm beginning to think that it may actually be easier to try to pack in the clothes sans bag. Still need to transfer a few things from my carryon as, for some reason, I tried to pack *everything* I'd need for training week in that thing. Don't ask - I don't understand my strangeness either.

So of all the questions I've asked, I feel that this one is the most important: how many times can you reuse a space bag before the thing gives up and says, "Honey, just pack less"?

Resuming packing on Monday. If I can fit it all, I will be one very *very* happy Audrey.

2 comments:

  1. If you need to have anything shipped, let me know. I'm fairly certain that my shipping discount works on international packages. It may not be the full 75% off, but anything off of shipping costs is still good. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete